Frequency 2026

Inclement Weather Plan

UPDATE ON 10/09/26 

With guidance from Newton County Emergency Services, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel Frequency. Given the updated forecast and the increased risk of inclement weather, including high winds, heavy rain, and possible tornadoes, the county cannot adequately support a camp of our size in an emergency.

Students are welcome to join their leaders and small group for pizza on the East Lawn at Woodstock City until 7:00 p.m. on Friday, October 9.

Please note that Transit will not meet this Sunday, October 11.

We will be in touch next week with additional information regarding refunds.

Thank you for your understanding,
The Transit Team

Frequency October 9-11

Hi parents,

We're so excited to take your 7th and 8th graders to Frequency this weekend! You've probably seen the forecast, and we know that you may have some questions. 

We want to tell you exactly what we're watching and what we'll do.

We've been in close contact with the team at Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center in Covington, and we're tracking the forecast daily.

Student safety comes before the schedule, every time. If conditions call for it, we will change plans without hesitation.

 

Hear More About Our Safety Plan

Lightning & Storms

Our team will be monitoring the rain and lightning in real time.

In case of electrical storms, we have a full indoor schedule ready, so a stormy afternoon still means plenty of indoor recreation options to keep your student having fun with their small group all weekend.

Heavy Rain & Flooding

The entire camp facility is located on a hillside, with the closest cabin more than six hundred feet above the lake line. In fact, when there are concerns about severe weather in the area, Georgia Power stations its response teams at the FFA camp because of the property’s reliable infrastructure and safety features. However, Georgia Power is not planning to station crews at camp at this time because it does not see a need in the surrounding area.

Roads & Travel

We’re in touch with our bus company about road conditions for our return on Sunday.

If it isn’t safe to travel on Sunday at our scheduled time, we will adjust our plans to return early or stay put.

We would rather bring your student home late than take a risk.

Communication

If anything changes, including return times, we’ll email you right away.

If you need to reach us during camp, contact Amanda Pfaller at 404-433-3792.