An exciting step after choosing to accept and follow Christ is getting baptized and sharing your personal story! Prior to your baptism day, we will ask you to write your story where you can share how you accepted Jesus and why you want to get baptized. We will then have you read your story on your baptism day. Don’t worry about "messing up,” this is your story, so however it goes is okay.
When you sit down to write your story, you’ll want to be sure to include the following:
- Your name
- Your age/grade
- Your story about when you accepted Jesus as your Savior
- Why you want to be baptized
Other things you can share are:
- A favorite Bible verse or Bible story that impacted you
- Thanks to family, small group leaders, friends, etc.
- What God is teaching you right now
We are excited to celebrate this important day with you.
If you have any questions, send us an email. We want to make sure you feel entirely comfortable as you write your story and celebrate baptism with your family and friends.
Once again, congratulations. Now let’s get ready to celebrate!